Dalkey Historical Source List
This page is a reference of where more historical information can be found on
Gaskins, "Irish Varieties" Publications Gill circa1868
F.M. O'Flanagan, "Glimpses of Dalkey" O.D.S. 1942
Harry Latham, "Walk in Dalkey" Latham 1983
John Kelly (Arch), "Dalkey" Taunton circa1957
D.C.C. Newsletters, Various 1972-1996 (held in Dalkey Library)
(H. Lathams Walks), bound copies N.L. and Dalkey Library
Guide to the Historic Town of Dalkey Gerald Conan Kennedy, Morrigan Books
Heritage Map and walks of Dun Laoghaire Co.Dublin, Morrigan Books
"Neighbourhood of Dublin", circa 1912 & Reprints
Elrington Ball's accounts
Dalkey, (part of Dalton Histories of Dublin)
Lewis's writings on local history
- Picture postcards various, 1880's to date
- Photo's - Eason collection: William Lawrence, Jack Coady
Mason collection amateurs - various
- Slides-some 500 colour & black and white, 10% from 19th Century
- Video - Dun Laoghaire/Kingston (part) 1983 "Heritage of Kings"
- Thos. Readings, Lands of Dalkey" 1765-75
Down Survey, 17th Century
Jonathon Rocque circa 1756
O/S 1837 (1st ed.) 1843 (6" version)
1866 25" and 6" etc.
1888 60" and 6" etc.
1912 25", 60" and 6" etc.
1930 25", 60" and 6" etc.
All held in the National Library of Ireland
(Prof: J. Barnett) Plan of Dalkey Land Mines. circa 1980
Various sea charts. 18th, 19th, 20th Cent.
F.E. Grahams map of "Dalkey Quarry Railway" 1815
"A.A." Illustrated volume circa 1960
History of St. Patricks Parish etc. LATHAM 1993
St. Begnets Gravestone inscription
St. Begnets (FAS publication) 1995
Sheppards:- Atmosphere Railways (Dalkey part of) circa 1960
Sheppards:- D.S.E. Railways (Dalkey part of)
Stephen DeVaney & Latham. Listed monuments & buildings & photos
description : history of Carysfort College 1994 Kingstown Borough
James Kilroy - "Irish Times" 1996
Dun Laoghaire Chamber of commerce, guide 1978
- Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown County Council.- Various items & reprints etc.
- Alex Thom's Directories 1843 to date. Includes historical record of Dalkey and Annuals of City of Dublin circa 400-1970
Various pieces on history of R.C. Church B.V.M. (parish committee) Dalkey
- Drawings - Petrie 19th Century
Sketches Bartlett 18th Cent.
Hooper 18th Cent.
Holmes 18th Cent.
O'Callaghan-Newenham 18th Cent.
- Rock Climbing in Dalkey
- Dun Laoghaire Historical Society Ho. Sec. Colin Scudds
many items mostly short pieces
- Many and various snippets. Old newspaper cuttings/photos' 18th-20th Cent.
- Dalkey "Penny Bank" Ledger circa 1920's (local Residents names and addresses etc.)
Ledger of Local Defence Force records during Emergency in Dalkey 1939 - 1945
[Dalkey Home Page]
If you know of anything else put on show here please to not hesitate to contact Fergus on
Tel. (01) 2350234
Fax. (01) 2848433
Or on email